Today’s post is being crafted to emphasize the value of taking a few minutes to reflect upon and savour some of our experiences!
Obviously, that’s part of the reason for this blog! AND I LOVE to write …
Maybe a blog isn’t for you (or maybe it is and you should go start one … I’d be happy to help you get started), but I truly hope that celebrating, reflecting, and savouring ARE for you!
Even a simple bulleted list in a journal or a quick post on social media can serve us … anything really … as long as we’re taking the time to find the joy in our experiences … to REVEL in their significance.
Before focusing on what’s next (as I am prone to do), let’s be sure to just stop and savour WHAT IS … WHAT WAS …
Here’s my “simple bulleted list” crafted in the Notes app on my phone on the way home from our recent adventure up to Jan Lake …
Jan Lake 2021 Highlights
- cousins helping cousins
- big girls helping with supper
- kids gathered around the picnic table at meal time
- plenty of yummy food
- mini kayak fun … Cambri being Heidi’s “splashy motor”
- tons of off the dock swimming
- minnow hunting
- water skiing ducks
- Cambri trying to pee like Russell
- lots of “fishing” for Cambri from Dad’s boat
- The Game of Life with Aunty Ashley x 2
- countless games of Spot It
- early mornings
- a couple rounds of Headbandz
- a Ted Harrison painting project on the front deck
- many great games of “Where’s …?” with William (and he would point to whoever we said)
- one trip to the “far park” (with no slide)
- monkey bar fun
- a slower fishing year (brought home our limit of jack, but we ended up being short on walleye)
- a week of beautiful weather (but some smoke too)
- Team Hintz photo shoot went off without a hitch!
- Cambri getting carsick and a detour that added an extra hour or so (there was a forest fire north of Smeaton) made for a long trip home!
Is there some adventure you’ve experienced lately? A camping trip? A weekend in the city? A special celebration? A road trip?
Is it time to take a minute to sit and savour what was? Take the time today! Make the list!
“… so I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad” (Ecclesiastes 8:15).